Career Opportunities with SCCA
If none are listed below, there are no current openings.
Job Title: Content Coordinator/Manager
Department: Marketing & Communications
Reports to: Director of Marketing & Communications
The Content Manager is responsible for managing and coordinating content development, review and distribution across online channels including websites and social media platforms, and monitoring web traffic and metrics to inform content decision-making.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The following statements are illustrative of the essential functions of the job and do not include other nonessential or peripheral duties that may be required. SCCA retains the right to modify or change the duties or essential functions of the job at any time.
- Collaborate with marketing team to plan and develop site content, style and layout
- Develop/assist in development of content strategy aligned with short- and long-term goals
- Work with operational Program Leads to schedule and execute content needs, on deadline
- Develop and maintain cross-functional content calendars
- Liaise with content writers to ensure brand consistency and deadline adherence
- Edit, proofread and improve writers’ articles, and create engaging content when required
- Optimize content according to SEO best practices
- Manage content distribution to website(s) and social media platforms to increase web traffic
- Reporting and data analysis to inform content decision-making using Google Analytics, etc.
- Stay up to date with industry trends and generate new ideas to draw audience’s attention
- Create and manage day-to-day social media calendar
- Manage on-site production, review and distribution of video content
- Travel to events, including all Championship events, to support content development
- Perform special assignments and other duties as identified and/or assigned
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, PowerPoint and Word), Adobe Acrobat, Redbooth or comparable project management platform and Zoom virtual conferencing.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills required—must be able to adapt communication style to suit different audiences.
- Excellent English writing and editing skills with great attention to detail
- Basic technical knowledge of HTML and web publishing
- Familiarity with SEO practices, web traffic metrics and social media
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills in fast-paced environment
Experience and Training
- Bachelor’s in marketing, writing or communications preferred, or related work experience
- 2+ years business experience preferred
This position requires some travel to events, meeting and training opportunities. Candidates should expect to spend 10-15% of their time traveling.
Work is conducted in outdoor motorsports and in indoor business environments. Some exposure to unfavorable conditions may be encountered during travel for business requirements located within the areas as well as to member locations.
- Requires walking 20% of the time, standing 20% and sitting 60% of the time
- Ability to lift, carry, push, or pull 50 pounds
- Ability to participate in high level as well as routine conversation
- Conditions may require work in low and bright light; use of near and far vision acuity; use of depth perception, color sensitivity, and a field of vision (peripheral vision)
- Ability to understand verbal information and instruction
- Ability to exchange information with others and to develop and present recommendations
- Ability to read and understand complex written information
- Ability to compose information and instruction in written form
- Ability to use mathematical reasoning as necessary to carry out the requirements
- Ability to utilize analytical skills and apply results
- Flexible personality, strong initiative and sense of responsibility are essential
Salary commensurate with experience
How to Apply
SCCA IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status, veteran status, or the presence of a disability, which would not prevent the performance of essential job duties with, or without reasonable accommodation of any other protective status.
We are a drug-free workplace.