Career Opportunities with SCCA
If none are listed below, there are no current openings.
The Sports Car Club of America's Road Racing department is searching for its next Director of Road Racing. This Topeka-based position is responsible for managing department staff, the U.S. Majors Tour®, Hoosier Racing Tire SCCA Super Tour, and National Championship Runoffs, as well as supporting program boards, specialties, and Region-run programs. Full details below. Please send resume, cover letter and references to email@example.com.
JOB TITLE: Director
DEPARTMENTS: Road Racing
Expected start date: January 1, 2024
Responsible for managing SCCA’s amateur road racing program, including the U.S. Majors Tour, Hoosier SCCA Super Tour, National Championship Runoffs and local racing initiatives.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The following statements are illustrative of the essential functions of the job and do not include other nonessential or peripheral duties that may be required. SCCA retains the right to modify or change the duties or essential functions of the job at any time.
- Develop and implement programs that enhance the value and enjoyment for all participants while enhancing the financial equity of the SCCA.
- Manage the Road Racing Department staff.
- Respond to member inquiries and provide required data.
- Manage Road Racing Majors Program and Super Tour
- Assist with the selection and hiring of the Super Tour Series Event Staff
- Provide program coordination, support and oversight to Super Tour Series Event Staff and host regions.
- Coordinate with SCCA staff, Super Tour Series Event Staff and Regions to determine the annual Majors Event Schedule
- Assist Regions with development of U.S. Majors Tour components for each event.
- Determine the event assessment fees, prepare event financial recaps and invoices
- Order event recognition items (flags, trophies, towels, etc.)
- Order series championship materials (trophies)
- Assist Marketing Department with the posting and updating of Website information
- Assist Marketing Department with U.S. Majors Tour communication
- Attendance at pre-determined events
- Conduct post-event reviews with regions
- Manage general event operational functions for the SCCA National Championship Runoffs® with the VP, Road Racing including:
- Primary liaison with track event management
- Pre-event planning, including staffing, managing vendor relationships, securing rental equipment and supplies, online registration, volunteer management and support
- Venue layout and paddock assignments
- Event Organization
- Website posting of Runoffs information for the event
- Development of event materials
- Non-racing aspects of event, including social event enhancements
- Assist with post-event recaps
- Attend and assist SCCA with select trade show activities, volunteer boards and committee meetings, convention, partner’s meetings and divisional meetings
- Coordinate supervision of Road Racing Competition and Official Licensing program with the Member Services Department and Divisional Licensing Representatives.
- Implement and administer Competition Board, Executive Steward and Divisional Administrator policies for Road Racing program operation.
- Develop and administer the Road Racing department budget.
- Support program management tools department wide
- Coordinate non-racing aspects of events including social and other competitive enhancements
- Perform other related duties as required.
Experience and Training:
Minimum Education: Bachelors degree or equivalent experience.
Special Training or Experience: Familiarity with SCCA Road Racing program or similar motorsports experience.
- This position reports to the Vice President, Road Racing
- This Position has supervisory responsibilities for: Road Racing Assistant Manager, Road Racing Technical Manager, Independent contractor field staff
This position requires travel to events, meeting and training opportunities.
Work is conducted in outdoor motorsports and in indoor business environments. Some exposure to unfavorable conditions may be encountered during travel for business requirements located within the areas as well as to member locations.
- Requires walking 10% of the time, standing 10% and sitting 75% of the time.
- Ability to lift, carry, push, or pull 10 pounds on a daily basis.
- Ability to participate in high level as well as routine conversation.
- Conditions may require work in low and bright light; use of near and far vision acuity; use of depth perception, color sensitivity, and a field of vision (peripheral vision).
- This position is based out of SCCA’s Topeka, KS headquarters.
- Travel to 8-12 events (weekends), including the SCCA Runoffs (12-15 day trip)
- Ability to understand verbal information and instruction. Ability to exchange information with others and to develop and present recommendations.
- Ability to read and understand complex written information. Ability to compose information and instruction in written form.
- Ability to translate verbal communication into effective written material; e.g., reports and other documents.
- Ability to use and apply technology. Extensive experience using Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe Acrobat, and internet is required.
SCCA IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status, veteran status, or the presence of a disability, which would not prevent the performance of essential job duties with, or without reasonable accommodation of any other protective status.
We are a drug-free workplace.